Torqeedo Limited Warranty Policy
1. Extent of the limited warranty guarantees the final purchaser of a Torqeedo outboard motor that the product is free from material and manufacturing faults during the period stated below. Torqeedo will indemnify the final purchaser for any expense for the repair of a material or manufacturing fault. This indemnification obligation does not cover the incidental costs of a warranty claim or any other financial losses (e.g. costs for towing, telecommunications, food, accommodation, loss of earnings, loss of time etc.).
The limited warranty ends two years after the date on which the product was purchased. Products that are used commercially or by public authorities - even if only temporarily - are excluded from this limited two-year warranty. In these cases, the statutory warranty applies. The right to claim under warranty runs out six months after discovery of a fault.
Torqeedo decides whether faulty parts are repaired or replaced. Normal wear and tear and routine servicing are excluded from the limited warranty. Torqeedo is entitled to refuse a warranty claim if:
- the product was not treated in accordance with the instructions
- the safety, operating and care instructions in the manual were not observed
- the product was in any way altered or modified or parts and accessories were added that are not expressly permitted or recommended by Torqeedo
- previous services or repairs were not carried out by firms authorized by Torqeedo, or non-original parts were used unless the consumer can prove that the facts that led to the warranty being void did not affect the development of the fault.
Adhering to the following warranty process is a prerequisite to the satisfaction of any warranty claims.
Before dispatching any apparently faulty goods, it is imperative to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note we are unable to deal with products of which we have not been notified and will therefore refuse to accept delivery.
To check a warranty claim and to process a warranty, we require a completed warranty certificate as well as proof of purchase.
When shipping, it must be noted that the LIMA battery is classed as a UN9 hazardous item. If the dispatched product includes a LIMA battery (either by itself or with the motor), posting and packing must be in accordance with the relevant directive. In this instance we recommend keeping the original Torqeedo packaging. The Torqeedo drybag is not to be used as a shipping package. We are available to answer any questions regarding the warranty process - simply email us on email@example.com.